1. Huge recycled clothing stores with free parking. Mr. P got Hugo Boss suit for $39.99 NZD. www.savemart.co.nz
2. Vintage shops like Tango in Auckland, where the French owner is open 7 days a week and has his own collection of vintage Courrèges that he just won’t sell.
3. Fa’afafine (Samoan) – big, gorgeous, hardworking and totally glittery.
4. Bean Supreme for the best vegetarian sausages ever! www.beansupreme.co.nz
5. Style Pasifika for a yearly celebration of music, dance and fashion – all things related to New Zealand’s Pasifika identity. www.stylepasifika.co.nz
6. Ecostore because you don’t pay a premium for their cleaning products, which are stocked in practically every NZ supermarket, and they work! www.ecostore.co.nz
7. Annabel Langbein, the free range cook, and her new book Free Range in the City, launched at Taste of New Zealand. Sensible cooking from an awesome lady. www.annabel-langbein.com
8. Coast Radio because Mr. P is so happy knowing almost every tune that comes up. www.thecoast.net.nz
9. Lindauer sparkling wine. They have so many varieties starting from Vintage Reserve, Brut to Fraise – a little bit of bubbly fun for all pockets. www.lindauer.co.nz
10. The Kiwis themselves because they are genuinely kind people and always go out of their way to help. Love them!
Lynn Colwell and Corey Colwell-Lipson are mother and daughter and authors of Celebrate Green! Creating Eco-Savvy Holidays, Celebrations and Traditions for the Whole Family, and founders of Green Halloween®.